MS XML Core Services 4.0 SP 2 installs everytime I shut down computer

Reaction score
I don't know what is going on, but every time I turn on my computer, there are two installs: Security update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430); Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688). This happens everyday. Why does these installs happen everyday?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Probably what has happened is that they're trying to install on shutdown and then restart. They may be conflicting with each other. It does happen sometimes

In the Windows Update window, choose only one of the updates to be installed and then after it's installed do the other one. Try that and see if it works for you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would not update

I tried to update just one of them; it stated that the update was successful, but in my system tray, it told me that I had two updates, so for some reason, it won't update. I tried to do it manually, but I got a message stating that I do not have permission to update this file.

Reaction score
It would not update

When I tried to update these files manually, I received this message:

Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable.

Ask a Question