MS Wireless Keyboard Space Skipping/Not Entering

Reaction score
I have an MS Wireless Keyboard 7000 and the space bar skips frequently as you can see and doesn't enter at alland will have to hit it several times to work and when it does it adds the previous attempts. I've rebooted, made no changes recently, only use Windows Defender. The rest of the key responses are working fine. Any ideas? It happens in Outlook email and Chrome.

W7U, 64bit,

Shintaro

Reaction score
I have a 6000 and have had that happen.
Things to try:
Change the batteries.
Keep the receiver close to the KB.

Hope this helps.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I would try another keyboard too. It could be a return spring under the space bar is weak and not returning fast enough or completely - thus adding spaces.

only use Windows Defender.
That's a mistake. WD is an anti-spyware program. It is NOT an anti-malware program. Therefore, you are unprotected against viruses, worms, and other malicious code. If you like WD, use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). That's what I use. It protects against spyware and malware and will automatically disable WD for you during installation. There are several alternative anti-malware solutions too - the point is, use one and keep it current.

Ask a Question