Mozilla Firefox flaw exploited

Reaction score
Mozilla Firefox flaw exploited on Nobel Prize website
Firefox users who visited the website were silently infected with Belmoo, a Windows Trojan that gives the attacker complete control of the machine. Once successfully installed, the malware creates an executable in the \Windows\temp directory and sets it to run on startup via the registry. It also attempts to connect to two Internet addresses, both which point to a server in Taiwan, through which someone can control the system.
Read more here - http://www.techspot.com/news/40884-mozilla-firefox-flaw-exploited-on-nobel-prize-website.html

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Another reason to run the No-Script plug-in when using FF.

(For readers who may not know, No-Script would disallow this from happening.)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks M8! As TorrentG already stated, No-Script can avoid things like this.

A good AV is also very usefull. I won't say it's a must, as some members of this forum don't think it is, but it can help a lot - even get rid of the virus.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I believe that's why Mozilla came out with the Firefox 3.6.12 update yesterday 10-27-2010.

At least the good thing about the Mozilla organization is that they take care of issues fairly quickly.

Ask a Question