Move Temporary Burn Folder back to original location

Reaction score
Seeking: Default Temporary Burn Folder Registry Key Values

Hi all, and Happy Holidays! :D

I'd set aside a hard drive specifically for the page file and temp files and had subsequently moved the Temporary Burn Folder there. Apparently, that was a bad move, because now all the files and folders that are in that hard drive are shown as being in my empty DVD/CD drive as well, and the Location tab that I'd used to move the Temporary Burn Folder to said hard drive is no longer available in the folder's Properties so I cannot move it back :eek: without a bit of guidance. I tried Googling moving the Temporary Burn Folder and moving folders in general, but I didn't have much luck in finding what I needed. :confused: Any suggestions?

EDIT: I fixed the issue (I think...) - I dug through the registry to find the affected reg keys and changed them back, or so I think. Just to be certain that I entered the correct information, could someone please run regedit, do a search for 'Microsoft\Windows\Burn,' and list the default values for me? The search should yield results for the following entries (pressing F3 is equivalent to pressing 'Find Next' while searching.) Thanks!!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > CDBurning > StagingInfo: the StagingInfo values for both 'Volume' folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Shell Folders: the CDBurning value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Search > CrawlScopeManager > Windows > SystemIndex > WorkingSetRules > 0: the URL value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Search > Gather > Windows > SystemIndex > Sites > LocalHost > Paths > 0: the Path value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Search > Gather > Windows > SystemIndex > StartPages > 12: the URL value

HKEY_USERS > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > CDBurning > StagingInfo: the StagingInfo values for both "Volume" folders

HKEY_USERS > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Shell Folders: the CDBurning value

At any rate, at least my Foobar2000 stopped going FUBAR. :D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums misspride :) I'm glad you've solved your problem already :D

If it's still not working properly, let us know which bits you are still stuck on and we'll try to help!

Ask a Question