SOLVED Mouse cursor keeps moving past desktop limit

Reaction score
I have dual monitor setup on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I have the regular screen which is my laptop and the other "monitor" is the projector (aaxa tech m2 micro projector). It works out well when I want to work on something on my laptop and have a tv show playing on the projector in whatever size I want. The problem is that the mouse cursor/ windows go past the windows screen limit. So my cursor will go into "an unknown area" and you would think it was going on to my main laptop screen, but its not. Its more annoying than anything because I have had files disappear into that "unknown zone".

So anyone that can help, it will be much appreciated

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi trigun6, welcome to the forums :)

Where does the mouse go out of bounds? Is it just on one side?

Reaction score
Hey Ian! Good to be on board :)

Mouse goes out of bounds on the right hand side, and only on the right hand side. The left hand side bounds have remained.

I know its in the settings but I can't figure it out...

I know its possible because I saw a picture with the same use in a review. I'll post the picture and the review if you're curious to check that out as well.

I appreciate your help

m2 review

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In the review I saw no mention of the cursor going off to the right so I don't understand what I was supposed to see there.

What resolution are you running your laptop? the projector? Also which one does W7 consider Monitor #1 because if it isn't the laptop screen that could be the issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good News!!!

Thanks for the help TrainableMan!
So the problem was that the laptop wasn't set as the the primary screen which messed with the boundary settings. It was such a relief when I finally figured that out. Thanks again.

Oh I posted a link to the review to show that projector as dual monitor setup is possible.
Some people have been telling me it's not possible...so I thought I would show some proof.

Here is a picture of the image quality of the projection. Its exactly like the review said, sharp and vivid even with the lights on.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Heck, my cursor has been going off of the RH side of the screen for years. Just barely though, one can still make it out with just a couple of pixel widths of arrow showing.

Reaction score
Yea if it was just barely, it wouldn't have bother me at all, but when the entire mouse and some folders end up in that "unknown zone" it really starts annoying you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Good News!!!

... So the problem was that the laptop wasn't set as the the primary screen which messed with the boundary settings. It was such a relief when I finally figured that out. Thanks again.
I'm glad it's working correctly now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks! Me too!

I am still blown away at the fact that this little projector can create images this big!!

This is from the review...

Gotta be at least 80 inches right??

Reaction score
Thanks! Me too!

I am still blown away at the fact that this little projector can create images this big!!

This is from the review...

Gotta be at least 80 inches right??
Finally got around to taking a picture of my setup. Didn't have a better camera around, so I had to use my camera phone...

Reaction score
After I got my laptop to work with the m2 micro projector, I was curious to see what else I could do.. I did some googling and found some interesting user generated content

This person got the m2 to work with their ps3, and also used it in the back yard for home theater! Impressive

Ps3 & Micro Projector

Image from above thread

Ask a Question