Microsoft WILL Control Windows Phone Updates

Reaction score
Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Personally for me I don't really care. All these "fancy" phones are useless for my purposes plus they encourage their use while driving and texting and such.

Texting and driving has been proven to be more dangerous than driving while intoxicated.

I do have a cell phone, but that's what I use it for... to call people or receive calls when I'm out and about. It's a phone, not a computer.

Too many people are getting these phone computers and in the process get "ate up with it" in my opinion. But that's my opinion too.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Personally for me I don't really care. All these "fancy" phones are useless for my purposes plus they encourage their use while driving and texting and such.

Texting and driving has been proven to be more dangerous than driving while intoxicated.

I do have a cell phone, but that's what I use it for... to call people or receive calls when I'm out and about. It's a phone, not a computer.

Too many people are getting these phone computers and in the process get "ate up with it" in my opinion. But that's my opinion too.
Absolutely, 100% agree.

Reaction score
I respect that, but i love gadgets and new technology. :D

Reaction score

I used to have that same thought until I got my smartphone (iphone). Being both the Union and Health&Safety rep for my group it's proven invaluable.
I send and recieve emails, take photo's for reference and send them on, browse databases for information I need in the field.
It's been very handy.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score

Absolutely, 100% agree.
Old farts (me included). :D

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
My phone doesn't run any apps. I don't know, if I could use iPhone with Verizon, or Android, I probably would. I hate touchscreen displays but Apple does synchronization and hassle-free wireless connections very well.

I wouldn't use a Windows phone if you gave me one for free.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My old Motorola V276 still gets the job done for me, even after having it for five years, and the only thing that's been replaced on it was the battery. Two years ago, I bought an extended life one from Radio Shack, and I can still talk for two hours, if I wish.

It has over 2,200 talking hours on it, according to the timer, so I've gotten my mileage out of the phone.

And although it does have limited computing functions (something called "Openwave"), I've never used them, nor do I care to text, except for emergencies.

Since 1996, I've had cell phones, when I was working, I despised them, they were company issued, and was more or less a leash on me. Only after I became disabled, did I enjoy having my own private cell phone, without cringing at the sound of the ringer all of the time. It was only allowed to be turned off between 9PM through 3AM.

But as far as a Windows/Mac/Linux phone, forget it, for me, a phone is to talk on, and a computer (PC/netbook/notebook) is for computing. Combining the two would probably make the phone less pleasurable for me to use, and every single person that I know who has one has had problems, especially the Apple phones with AT&T service.

Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I can't verify it but I recall a story of a young lady that had her face buried in her phone and stepped out into the street and was hit and killed by a guy that was texting while driving.

I mean what are the chances?.......Probably good these days.

Ask a Question