Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Reaction score
I use a spreadsheet program called Quattro Pro (OK, it's old) and it ran satisfactorily with my Windows 7 until recently. Now I get a message that the C++ Runtime Library has a "Runtime Error" - abnormal program termination, and it shuts down the Quattro Pro before I can use it. I have tried various tech supports, including Corel Quattro Pro. I got a link to a new C++ and installed it but with no improvement in the error. The program update is:
vcredist_x86
This shows up in my Programs as: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86), version 11.0.51106.1 and size is 17.4 MB. there are also 5 older versions of C++ in my Programs list. I don't know if it is safe or appropriate to delete these.
I am in urgent need of help as I have many Quattro Pro files that need updating!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If you use Windows Explorer to go to the folder where your documents are, and open a Quattro spreadsheet by double-clicking on a spreadsheet document (instead of launching QP from an icon and opening it through there), does it work then?

Here's one suggestion you could try. Editing the registry has its risks, though.

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt response.
Trying to open any Quattro Pro file gives the same error message. I will think about your detailed suggestion to alter the Registry. It sounds a bit daunting as I don't know how to save the existing Registry!

Ask a Question