Microsoft to releaser Windows 7 SP 1 Beta in July

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Microsoft to release Windows 7 SP 1 Beta in July from the Windows Club
Source: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-to-release-windows-7-sp-1-beta-in-july#ixzz0qGE95Y59

In an opening-day keynote speech at Microsoft Corp.’s Tech•Ed 2010 North America conference, Bob Muglia, President of the company’s Server and Tools Division, announced that the Public beta of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7, would be coming by end of July.
The new virtualization tools in SP1 will help Windows Server 2008 R2 users prepare for cloud computing, Remote FX provides rich 3-D graphical experience for remote users, and Dynamic Memory enables more control to adjust memory usage without sacrificing performance.
The Service Pack 1 will also include a series of incremental updates, previously delivered through Windows Update, for both Windows Server and Windows 7 users.
Nothing spectacular should be expected of Windows 7 SP1!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Good up FC! For me, I'll wait until the regular SP1 comes out. I've had trouble with Beta service packs in the past. (On XP though, not Windows 7)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Good up FC! For me, I'll wait until the regular SP1 comes out. I've had trouble with Beta service packs in the past. (On XP though, not Windows 7)

Yes. Though, this service pack isn't anything real important. It basicly contains all the updates, that you'd normally get through Windows Updates. It will only be usefull for Windows Server users. I too will wait for the official release.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
@FC - What I do is take the official SP release and blend them in to the an ISO image I make of the install DVD. Then make a new install DVD that has the SP integrated into the install. I may post a tutorial on how to do it.

@yodap - WAT did you say? LOL! WAT, WAT, here a WAT, there a WAT, everywhere a WAT, WAT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Head of Windows 7 dev team:Hmm, we better bring a service pack out soon.

Devoloper: Yeah but there's nothing to bring out. We've actually got the whole update thing right for once, so there's no need.

Head: But we can't let people think we just sit on our ar... butts all day, can we?

Dev: Fair point. At least we don't have to create anything new. I mean, c'mon, we might have to out effort into it!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thanks FC for the info :top:, my self I will wait as it comes via updates.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Here comes WAT again no doubt!
Yes, here we will probably go again, and unless we refuse the SP, that update that can presently be hidden will probably be slid in with the SP. Which will make the ones who said it was voluntary bad, in my eyes. However, during the brief time that I ran Vista SP2 on my laptop, there was a similar update, it was still voluntary after two SP's. As well as my computer is running, I don't see the need for the SP, why fix what isn't broken? I'll turn off automatic updating until I see how this SP affects other users computers first. Not only because of WAT, but past experience has proved that a SP can cause problems. Take XP SP3, for instance. Many users are still running SP2 and won't upgrade to SP3 until the deadline is near. There has been reports of problems associated with SP3, although I haven't noticed any. But there must be a valid reason that so many XP users are still clinging to SP2, otherwise most would have long ago had it.

Reaction score
@FC - What I do is take the official SP release and blend them in to the an ISO image I make of the install DVD. Then make a new install DVD that has the SP integrated into the install. I may post a tutorial on how to do it.
QUOTE]

Now that would be useful......excellent idea! Two thumbs up Nibiru!

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
QUOTE]

Now that would be useful......excellent idea! Two thumbs up Nibiru!
Is that slipstreamig Nibs? That would be a good tutorial.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
No pressure, its just that I'd like to read up on it before supper.:D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have used nLite for slipstreaming XP and there is vLite for Vista and as yodap I would like to read up on slipstreaming Windows 7 .... no pressure Nibiru but waiting :D

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
@yodap -
No pressure, its just that I'd like to read up on it before supper.:D
Which month?

@Veedaz -
no pressure Nibiru but waiting :D
Okay you guys... we'll get there when we get there!

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just remeber, for the impatient. If the SP Betya follows the pattern of Vista, you will have to uninstall the darn thing again when the time comes to install the final release.
Reading a couple of these posts - maybe a thread should be started on the various mishaps that users have had with the WAT update? I have never experienced them so it would make interesting reading.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I won't install any beta service packs, I'll wait unit the final release before I use it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No pressure on the guide, I'm willing to just wait for the actual ISO you post :D

Will that come in all 6 iterations, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate in 32 and 64-bit editions? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
No beta service packs for me, either. From what I gather, nothing's really going to be changed in Windows 7, it's just that most of the current updates will be rolled into a convenient SP for us. And some reports that the WAT update that we have the right to refuse will be there, some reports suggests otherwise. It's still optional and you can hide the update in Vista SP2. I doubt that a third SP will be offered for Vista, as it probably will die before XP does. But my point is, after two SP's, the update is still optional.

Ask a Question