Microsoft Morro Screenshots

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Some screenshots of the new free anti-virus application from Microsoft have surfaced at Neowin, and it looks very similar to the existing Windows Defender application. It is based on a stripped down version of the MS Onecare product and isn't likely to overtake more advanced security suites. It would provide a level of protection to users that otherwise wouldn't use an anti-virus:

Ever since Microsoft discontinued its "OneCare" Anti-Virus suite, gossip has been flying that Microsoft would be releasing a free Anti-Virus\Anti-Spyware tool codenamed "Morro".

The software product, codenamed "Morro" after a beach in Sao Paulo, Brazil, is already being tested by Microsoft employees and a trial version will be made available "soon". Microsoft has stated that Morro would be available by the end of 2009 at the latest.

Read more at Neowin here.

Attachments

Reaction score
looks good i suppose, but i will be sticking with Kaspersky.
Do you think that all the beta versions will still be alowed when the full public release comes out?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
looks good i suppose, but i will be sticking with Kaspersky.
Do you think that all the beta versions will still be alowed when the full public release comes out?
Good choice, this free AV from Microsoft isn't as good as a more comprehensive security package like Kaspersky/NOD32 etc...

I doubt that the free beta AV packages will work for long once W7 is out, as they will need to have their retail versions ready. I know that the Kaspersky one has been finished already, and I'm sure others probably are too. There will still be some good free choices available for W7 though :)

Ask a Question