Microsoft Admits That Windows 10 Is Just a Update From Windows 7

Reaction score
Today, I turned on the PC with Windows 7 Home. This is the computer that had Windows 10 Home upgraded up from Windows 7. I didn't revert back to Windows 7 on the installed Hard drive, Instead, I installed a new clean hard drive and used my Windows 7 Disc to install Windows 7.

Here's what was shown on the monitor when I turned on the PC. Blue screen and big white letters.

"Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. Your PC is running an outdated version of Windows 7. (NOTE: I'm running an outdated version of Win 7) You no longer receiving Windows updates security fixes that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Microsoft recommends updating to Windows 10 for the latest security features and protection against malware."

So, there you have it. A real true update on Windows 7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
you got the message because when you reinstalled win 7 you used a non-sp1 disk. they are instructing you to install W7 Service Pack 1 so that you can get proper updates

Ask a Question