Maxthon Browser

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Maxthon is a shell for IE but is much more then IE apart from working very well in Windows 7 it has a better scripting engine and is extremely customisable, commands can be from keyboard to mouse gestures
Swap, add, move, remove, and change Maxthon's tool bars, icons, menus, colors, skins, and layouts until it looks the way you would have designed it.
Don't like menus? Use hot keys. Don't like hot keys? Use word aliases. Don't like aliases? Use toolbars. Don't like toolbars? Then use mouse gestures. It's all up to you.
Think we left something out? Pick from more than 1,400 plug-ins that make Maxthon the do-all of browsers.
Other companies sell remote conferencing, screen capture, electronic passports, and automatic password managers as separate programs. With Max, they're free – just like Maxthon itself
One fetcher i do like is auto refresh and this can be set for each tab, also dare i say i have found Maxthon to be faster then Firefox !.

Check out Maxthon > http://www.maxthon.com/

Reaction score
Maxthon is most certainly not faster than Firefox, because Internet Explorer is not faster than Firefox.

Reaction score
Maxthon is a shell for IE
Maxthon is most certainly not faster than Firefox, because Internet Explorer is not faster than Firefox.
This does make sense if Firefox is faster than IE - I don't know because I don't use firefox. I'm happy with IE. Perhaps if it wasn't integrated into Windows I would choose to try a different browser. Maybe this is what the fuss is all about in EU. Since it is integrated users chose not to try different browsers.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have Firefox and Maxthon installed and when i get my per-ordered Windows 7 i will install just Maxthon, it took me a day to setup how i wanted and for me pages, open faster also mouse gestures are instant. Place the mouse cursor on the tab bar and roll the mouse wheel you flick through web pages that are open in tabs faster then the eye can follow ... I'm not kidding try it !.

My conclusion Maxthon makes IE8 behave faster.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This does make sense if Firefox is faster than IE - I don't know because I don't use firefox. I'm happy with IE. Perhaps if it wasn't integrated into Windows I would choose to try a different browser. Maybe this is what the fuss is all about in EU. Since it is integrated users chose not to try different browsers.
Well, the fuss is over. It is now incuded. But, during the controversy, I found it amusing to see the tactics employed by Microsoft. Even in the final decision, when they agreed not to have IE as a browser by default, it was still integrated, but disabled!
I recall the old Abe Lincoln quote "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I think the best browser is the one your happy with, and if you think the browser you use is the greatest out ... good enjoy it and enjoy surfing the Net because i believe the Internet is one of mankind's greatest inventions, and its dam good fun ! :D

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I think the best browser is the one your happy with, and if you think the browser you use is the greatest out ... good enjoy it and enjoy surfing the Net because i believe the Internet is one of mankind's greatest inventions, and its dam good fun ! :D

yessir. I echo:echo: that!!!

Reaction score
Nice words, but how did you make Maxthon as fast as Firefox? Firefox is a bit slower than Chrome (apparently), and Mathon is much slower than Chrome.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
The speed i am referring to is the UI - eg - (moving the cursor 3CM with right click down (mouse control) is faster then moving the cursor and having to look at say a tab to click on) also please read > Here

Ask a Question