Managing Font size/color on Folder Pane Windows 7

CJC

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my Folder names in 'Bold'. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Here is an excellent video on various changes you can do with folders in Windows 7:

But I do not believe that I have ever seen anybody post information about an ability to change a folder name to a bold font. I believe I have seen something about third-party software, but that was a bit back and I may not have even saved that information on another unit here at this work station because I would not recommend any third-party software be used for this purpose, if it is even available.

I recall some sort of manipulation being possible with icons, but I must apologize for not being able to remember if that is shown in that video I gave you the link for.

Reaction score
You can change how the overall font of icons (including folders and files) is displayed in Windows, but it doesn't support a per-folder/file font customization. To change the icon font and other appearance settings, try this:
  • Right-click your desktop
  • Click in Personalize
  • Click in Window Color
  • Click in Advances Appearance Settings
  • In the Item drop-down, select an item for which you want to change the appearance. For example, you could select "Icon" and then change its font type, size and style (bold/italic).

Reaction score
Thank you! for providing a quite triumph concept and knowledge with such an expertise information through which mine problem was sorted out.

Ask a Question