M4n78 PRO asus board nic help please

Reaction score
Freash W7rc 64 bit installation and network isnt installed any ideas, the problem is not getting a ip adress? drivers are up to date as per board yet still nto reciving a IP adress?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you get any error message, and does repairing the network connection solve the issue? Also, what's the network setup - is it just a PC wired to a router?

Reaction score
Do you get any error message, and does repairing the network connection solve the issue? Also, what's the network setup - is it just a PC wired to a router?
My modem connects directly to a 5 port switch.

No errors and repairing doesnt work either, also it is showing it is on a unidentified network. I have trieed installing a PCI nic and that too dont retrive a ip adress.
I am booting it up right now

Currently connected to undentified network No Internet Access

when I click on trouble shooting problems it prompts me to power boot my network switch and modem. if I skip that step ( did it past 5 times) it list under problems found : LAN doenst have a valid ip configeration not fixed I am currently trying a restore mabey that will fix it but it hasnt had a connection since I installed the os........

Instalation of new os does not fix sulition calling tech support for my ISP to see if it is on thier side....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok got it fixed it is due to the fact that the signal is 10/100/1000 on board nic the switch is only a 10/100 I have to by pass it in order to get internet..... which doesnt make sence since my other system have 10/100/1000 on board nic.......

Reaction score
I also encountered this problem while installing this motherboard in a friend's computer. We were able to configure the speed of the NIC in the device manager to 10mb full-duplex and it was able to recognize the network... Strange that when it was auto-negotiate it wasn't able to do it. Physically setting the speed was the only way to get it to work... Very irritating.

Reaction score
I attempted that my self and still with W7 64 bit it did not recognize the modems, vpn, hardware firewall, servers or direct link to cable modem or clear wire modem. I jsut installed a NIC 10/100MB and get internet

Reaction score
I also encountered this problem while installing this motherboard in a friend's computer. We were able to configure the speed of the NIC in the device manager to 10mb full-duplex and it was able to recognize the network... Strange that when it was auto-negotiate it wasn't able to do it. Physically setting the speed was the only way to get it to work... Very irritating.

Can you tell me exactly how you did this? I just got this motherboard, and I'm trying to build a new system, and come to find out I can't get it online either. Further looking into it, alot of people are having this problem with this board.

Reaction score
Just for the record, I set up Windows 7 on an Asus M4N78 Pro based system a couple of days ago. It installed the NIC driver automatically. Next day I rebooted and the network wasn't connected. After a bit of head scratching, I tried disabling the on-board NIC via the BIOS and fired up the system. I then did a Restart, went back into the BIOS and enabled the on-board NIC again. When Windows 7 started, the network connection was back working OK.

Reaction score
Hi

As of today:) (2 Sept 09) there's a new nVIDIA driver for the chipset on this motherboard. I've just downloaded it and hope it sorts out the 'it works/it doesnt work' problems.

Richard Williams

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back Richard, it's always nice when someone comes back to update other users with the solution :).

Ask a Question