SOLVED Logitech Mouse Jerky

Reaction score
Hello all, I just got a Logitech Anywhere MX wireless mouse for my laptop and the cursor is very jerky or lags on movement. Has fresh batteries and I moved the transmitter thing to different usb ports with no change. Any ideas or thoughts. Thanks Oly

Sorry maybe should have posted under hardware.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 2 Logitech cordless mice and don't use the drivers from the manufacturer.
Go to Device Manager and uninstall it, remove usb connector, turn PC OFF, replace it in a different port and restart PC.

Reaction score
Hello Nibiru2012 and Roderunner, I did install the latest Setpoint (thanks for the link) and believe it or not it made it worse. I removed Setpoint and went back to the drivers that came with the computer. Works better but still is acting up. Roderunner I will try your suggestion and post back the results. Thanks, Oly

Reaction score
My main PC mouse is a 5 button Optical LX7 cordless. The other cant have driver from Logitech installed.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Apparently, one suggestion that seems to work is to get a little USB extension cable and plug the receiver into that. Maybe it works like an antenna or something, I don't know but it may be worth a try. Cheap 1ft extensions can be had on eBay for $2 from Hong Kong (takes about a week) or about $4 shipped from w/in USA.

Source

Reaction score
there is a uber logitech software thats improved the verison of the logitech software. Not sure of the link though. Gives you more options for your device. Kind of an upgrade only from a third party. Very popular.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
uberoptions was designed for Setpoint 4.8 but the current version of setpoint recommended for that mouse is 6.3 so you will need to tweak it if you want to try it.
From The UberOptions Page said:
The current uberOptions does work with SetPoint 6.00+ mostly, you just have to specify the new locations of the files uberOptions needs to install.

On 32-bit XP, to install uberOptions 4.80.5 on SetPoint 6.00, the folders for the installer were:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices

On 64-bit Windows 7, the folders are:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP
C:\ProgramData\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices
The locations may be different in Vista/Windows 7 32-bit. I don't have an ETA for when uberOptions will directly support SetPoint 6.00; I recommend sticking with SetPoint 4.80 for now.

I do not believe it will help this user's issue though, as UberOptions is primarily designed to allow more options for the buttons.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What type of surface are you using the mouse on? Some mice, especially the laser type will act up on certain surfaces even though they claim to be usable on any surface. Usually its a dark or deep brown wood grain surface such as a laminate desktop, sometimes black will cause issues too.

I have seen this issue in person. Once the mouse was put on a different surface the problems went away.

Try that and see what happens.

Reaction score
Thanks all for you input, very useful info. Roderunner I tried what you suggested and as of now it seems to be working. If this changes I will post but as of now...Yeah. Thanks again all, Oly

Reaction score
Thanks all for you input, very useful info. Roderunner I tried what you suggested and as of now it seems to be working. If this changes I will post but as of now...Yeah. Thanks again all, Oly
My wireless Logitech mouse is terrible inaccurate and jerky.
Was the solution to NOT use the Logitech SetPoint software?

Reaction score
I had the same intermittent issues with a Logitech M325 mouse and K800 keyboard. Swapped out a very old mouse pad and that made no difference. Assumed it might be related to having another unifying adapter and M510 mouse with a different laptop in the same vicinity. Finally picked up from this thread that the distance to the unifying adapter might be the culprit. Moved it from the front USB adapter on my windows box (which was underneath my desk) to a powered USB port on top of my desk (much closer to mouse and keyboard) and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks!

Ask a Question