logitech keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new W7 pc & a new Logitech K260 keyboard. Im generally happy with the new system but I have a problem with the keyboard hot key for mail. I am using WLM but find the mail key will not open the program. I have searched google & asked logitech but no answer as yet. Im thinking this is a W7 related problem because I have tried the keyboard in a friends PC running Vista & WLM & lo & behold! the mail hot key works fine!
Any ideas?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Make sure the Windows Live Mail program is set up as your default email client in Control Panel > Default Programs

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you click on the following does it open WLM?

(e-mail address removed)

If not then you need to change the default email program because all that button does is open whatever email program is set to default.

Reaction score
Jimbo~
Regarding your Logitech keyboard..

If you have the Set Point software installed from Logitech(which I would recommend and I doesn't use a lot of resources) you can set the 'functions' of the hot keys. under "My Keyboard"settings.

For mine I have it set for MS Outlook (granted im also using Windows 8.1 but i also had it set the same in Win7) and it works fine. If I remember correctly BEFORE i installed Outlook Windows live mail was a 'default selection.. then when I installed Outlook it added was it to the list of options.

Hope that helps.
~LoneWolf

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Lonewolfmage, do you have a K260? The reason I ask is because this thread on the Logitech forums mentions Setpoint does not support the K260 and I wondered if the information there was incorrect?

Reaction score
To TM~
No I don't have that particular keyboard.. sorry if it was assumed that I did ..

I DID read what you referenced from the Logitech forum.

What it seems like is that the K260 .. is a "combo set" (according to the Logitech site by searching for it on their site) .

It appears ( as you mentioned) that the Set point software is NOT available for that "combo set" HOWEVER .. if you go here you CAN download the set point software separately this apparently is for any Logitech hardware and it "replaces" there older software (Logitech connection utility)

It really wont hurt any to at least TRY it .. if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.. it can always be uninstalled.(what would be the harm)

~LoneWolf

*edited for grammatical and spelling errors*

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the advice, unfortunately the setpoint software doesnt have many options for this keyboard, Ive tried it! I also have WLM set as default mail program. Im puzzled as to why the keyboard works fine on a Vista machine with WLM also as the default prog? Surely this must mean it is a W7 issue?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
More likely a driver or software issue. Is the Vista OS the same bit-size (i.e. are you comparing 64-bit Vista to 64-bit W7) because 32-bit drivers are rarely the same as 64-bit drivers. And the keyboard software that controls operation of the special function keys could be different.

Reaction score
ah, now you mention it, the Vista machine is a 32 bit system while my W7 pc is 64bit

Ask a Question