Library not registered

Reaction score
Hey

When i try to instal Call of Duty 2, i get this error that says Library not registered. and i have to go to task manager to close it. CoD2 is original, and i downloaded win7 from microsoft's page. Build 7100

any ideas?

thank you

Reactions: jer

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try running the main setup.exe file on the game CD using compatibility mode (don't let autorun start), that should do the trick :)

Reaction score
Im having the same problem

trying to install call of duty 2 in my windows 7 wich i just installed (downloaded it online) and a "library not registered" error comes to my screen everytime, ive tried to go to my computer and try to run it from there, but the same problem consists, what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Call of Duty 2 is a little difficult to install. Go to its web site and ask them.

Reaction score
how to fix: library not registered error cod2

1st open my computer
2ed rithe click on COD2 and pick: open in new window
3ed click on Setup its the bleu icon
4th cd key and instal
5th have fun:ciao:

Reaction score
Call of Duty 2 - Libray not Registered

Did anyone else run into the problem of not getting the "Library Not Registered" message when Disc 2 tried to install? I ran the setup from the disc and didn't use the Autorun. It appears to have installed Disc one ok, but got the error when it tried to install Disc 2.

I was able to start single player mode, which is what I wanted in the first place, but I would hate to start a game and it stop cause everything wasn't installed. Does anyone know if Disc 2 is needed to play single player mode in it's entirety?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From Microsoft Answers said:
1. Make sure the account admin rights to install the game.
2. Don't run the autorun.exe file when you put the DVD/CD’ s in, instead go to my computer then CD/DVD drive and manually find the setup.exe file and run that to install. When you run the setup file also be sure to right click and run it as an admin.
Microsoft Answers Source

I would suggest that you log in as an admin and go to UAC and set it to the lowest (never notify). Then try running setup, again avoiding autorun. Once it installs go back and restore UAC.

UAC = User Account Control available in Control Panel\User Accounts

Ask a Question