Library not registered error when installing COD2

Reaction score
trying to install cod2 but keep getting library not registerred what can i do to fix problem

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you open up Explorer and browse to your CD drive, locate setup.exe and then right click on it. From this menu, choose "Run as Admistrator" and see if that solves the problem :)

Reaction score
I get the same error....I am able to open the file from a different location and run all the disks. HOWEVER!!!!!! When you have to install the 1st disk again at the end it does not finish the loading. You will get the Library not registered error again. It does appear that the game is loaded. You will have an icon on the desk top but then you will get a CoDMP.exe error and cannot open file error since it appears to be in the wrong folder ect....It is extremely frustrating. I am in a clan on COD2 and most of us that updated or purchased a new computer with Windows 7 have not been able to play anymore.

Most folks keep giving very generic information on how to fix the issue. Some folks complained and complained and then comeback with "NVM I fixed it" but them do not share what they did to fix the issue for others who have the same problem.

Reaction score
how to fix:library not registered error cod2

1st open my computer
2ed rithe click on COD2 and pick: open in new window
3ed click on Setup its the bleu icon
4th cd key and instal
5th have fun

Reaction score
1st open my computer
2ed rithe click on COD2 and pick: open in new window
3ed click on Setup its the bleu icon
4th cd key and instal
5th have fun
This works perfectly, no problems, thanks Ljokerz!

Reaction score
I got the single player to work but when i try open multiplayer it says cod2mp_s.exe has stopped working

any help plz?

Ask a Question