ksecdd.sys 0xc0000221 problem

Reaction score
After Internet Explorer was not loading. I am not sure if spyway had go on my friend computere when she let her son use the internet via pop-ups from some Spiderman website.
I tried to do a system restore. It was not successful. When it rebooted it came up with the error ksecdd.sys no found and 0xc0000221
Because if this it would not go into windows and happens just after the bios options. I can do the F8, but once going through to load command prompt or safe mode options it would come up with this same error.
I created a recovery disc from my own laptop, but once I go into it and try system restore or startup repair It does not work.
I had get into command prompt via this system recovery via the CD. I even seemed to copy a version of ksecdd.sys from my own laptop via flash drive and putting it into the X: drive of the system32 folder and C: drive system32 folder. But it seems I haev had no success.

Any pointers?
Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545

TIA

Reaction score
Forgot to mention once turned it, would have the 30 second timer with the usual options of safe mode, normal start, last known good configurations (which never seems to work). Title at the top of the screen is Windows Error Recovery
After pressing enter to any of the options it would have the title Windows Boot Manager.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose language settings, and then click 'next'
3. Click 'Repair your computer'

When doing this it does not work

It says below all this
File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\ksecdd.sys
Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please scan the computer first. Then we will look at the problem of Windows not starting.

Reaction score
I tried the windows defender offline. It worked but no faults were found. So turned it on and same thing with windows boot manager with the kseccdd.sys

Reaction score
Tried in command prompt via the system recovery using the cd just now but still no success.
I tried the sfc /scannow. but it says system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. However this is not true.
I even rebooted and tried to run the sfc again and got the same message.

I have almost given up now

Reaction score
When I try in Startup Repair. Step 1
I get the following
Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 160
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: OsVersionMismatch
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Shintaro

Reaction score
What are trying to repair? Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008??

Problem Signature 01: 6.0.6001.18000 ==== Windows Server 2008

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385 ==== Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7

Reaction score
The CD I have is called (Repair Disc Windows 7 32-bit)
Files include, boot mgr. and folders boot/sources

Shintaro

Reaction score
The Laptop Dell Inspiron 1545 came out with Vista. I believe that the Intel Pentium T4200 / 2.0 GHz is a 64bit processor.

So I suggest that you find a Vista 64bit CD or DVD.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Maybe you could be right. I thought it had Windows 7. I also tried the 64bit windows 7 repair cd and it failed to repair it.
Now looking for a windows vista repair disc

Ask a Question