Kaspersky Error during install

Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium and I am getting an error saying the installation cannot continue because Kaspersky anti-virus is stopping the process. It asks me to look for it in the Control Panel and uninstall it.

Now, I would be happy to do so, but as far as I know, I have never installed Kaspersky AV, nor does it appear in the programs to uninstall. I have seen that there are a few people around who have had this problem, but I have seen to resolution to it, other than suggesting that a clean install be done. Obviously I can do that, but I really want to avoid it. I have too much stuff I'd have to re-install.

I have tried disabling other virus programs (as far as I know, I only have one provided by my ISP). I disabled Windows Defender. I also banged my head against a wall.

Anyone seen this? Why would it think a program is there, when it is not.

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I also tried this program as well. Thanks, though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What is the anti-virus software provided by your ISP? It could be that they have a white-label solution from Kaspersky and it is that software causing the problem?

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue, and also do not remember installing Kaspersky. Anyone find a solution??? My laptop has McAfee...

Reaction score
Zone Alarm includes an anti virus option which is based on the Kaspersky engine. Although it is not activated with the free firewall version of Zone alarm it loads a Kaspersky file on installation. You need the Zone alarm removal tool to remove all traces of Zonealarm and the Kaspersky antivirus engine file. This was a common issue a couple of years ago when Zonlealarm first had the built in antivirus option and caused me a few problems until I used the removal tool.

Reaction score
I am posting in late February 2010 and do not see any solutions posted for this problem. I have eliminated all anti-virus software I can find on my computer, but cannot get anyone to give me an answer as to why I cannot complete the download.

Reaction score
Hi ccpenn - Welcome to w7forums

I have eliminated all anti-virus software I can find on my computer, but cannot get anyone to give me an answer as to why I cannot complete the download.
Which download are you refering?

Reaction score
Hi! When I bought my notebook just 2 months ago, Kaspersky anti-virus was the one recommended by the store as it is compatible with Windows 7. But when I checked what causes the slow performance it says it's Kaspersky Anti-virus causing the problem so I disabled it and downloaded the free version of Avast. It actually did not solve the problem but verifying the problem thru the Action Center, there is none.
= It's either Avast cannot detect the problem as it's just free or...WINDOWS REALLY SUCKS!!!
Sorry for this bad comment but my notebook is just new. I should be enjoying it but IT'S A BIG HEADACHE.
WHAT'S GOING ON MICROSOFT???

Last edited:

Ask a Question