job hunt rant

Reaction score
So I had an interview and she offers me the position. I think great. Then I don't hear from them to set a start date. So I contact the temp agency that set up my interview and was informed that they(the employer) offered a wage that was less than what the temp agency told me the starting wage would be. And today the temp agency informed me that the manager who interviewed is not immediately returning calls from the temp agency and is not giving an decision to the temp agency. So essentially it seems they now don't want to hire me even though they agreed to wage that was submitted initially by the temp agency prior to the interview. WTF? What kind of poor management is this? They knew what the wage was from the temp agency and then go through an interview, tell me I'm hired only to screw me over by not answering the temp agency. This has been 2 weeks since. They have wasted my time waiting for something I thought I had. Now I'm looking for a job again.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that :(. It's not a good way for a company to treat prospective employees, so I hope you find something else that is better :). Hopefully the temp agency will be able to source another job.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Good luck with the job search metalmania31 don't know about were you live but jobs seem to be hard to come by here in the UK ATM.

Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread, but I just wanted to have a little rant about jobs and I thought it seemed like the right place! I was recently offered a job managing an online shop of home decor ... sounded great ... then they said they wanted to do a three month trial ... UNPAID ... :mad:

Ask a Question