Policeman walks up to speeder instead of drivers license "never mind I've got BING"

Reaction score
Policeman walks up to speeder instead of asking for drivers license tells the driver never mind I'll look it up on BING.

This is a not factual but true. I"ve looked up information where companies give out very detailed personal information. Is there any recourse as to what there doing with your personal information. They claim to show occupation, religion, bankruptcy, Age, Address, who you live with, Income ect ect.

Its located on windows 7 software so hope it qualifies. ***I by no means blame windows 7 for that****

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
There is nothing we can do about until laws are passed to prevent it and even then I have my doubts. Google got caught stealing info off people's cell phones last week again. They claim they don't share or sell your personal info. :lol: What a joke!

For now we must rest our hopes on their scruples/conscience. Guess what, there are no scruples or integrity when big bucks are involved.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Its located on windows 7 software so hope it qualifies. ***I by no means blame windows 7 for that****
Well, I am glad you are not blaming Windows 7 for this because it simply is NOT true. Window 7 software does NOT contain any information about your "occupation, religion, bankruptcy, Age, Address, who you live with, Income ect ect."

Is there any recourse as to what there doing with your personal information
Not really - since it is likely they got it either directly from you, or from another company you did business with in the past. The best solution is don't give out your personal information.

Reaction score
Information Age

This is the information age, yes.
Using a credit or debit card, a drivers license.
Application to any school.
Any type of coupon used.
Every bit of information is sold.
No company or gov. complies with privacy standards.
My opinion after researching " my family history".

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
My opinion after researching " my family history".
I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you are assuming no one in your family didn't provide that information. Kids posting personal information on their Facebook pages is a major source of PI being released to the public.

Every bit of information is sold.
No company or gov. complies with privacy standards.
Well, I do disagree with that. Some? Yes. All? No.

One problem with companies is they may have a decent privacy policy but the problem is, companies are bought and sold and the new parent company may have a different privacy policy. Also, it is impossible for even the most honest and sincere organization to protect against disclosure by a disgruntled employee, or extremely difficult to protect from accidental disclosure due to a careless employee (losing a notebook, for example) or from theft by a badguy.

Reaction score
Hello Nebraska,
Appreciate your viewpoint.

Take Care:
B.