Is Windows 7 beta your main OS?

Reaction score
After switching around using W7 as a virtual PC, I am now using it as my main operating system. Other than a problem with sleep mode, it works just as well as XP/Vista so I don't see why I should stop using it :D

I don't have any work critical things on this computer (and all my photos are backed up in case the worst should happen).

Are others using it as a main OS too?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use it a lot, but I wouldn't call it my main OS now - I've got too much data on other machines and I wouldn't want to risk switching things over. I do use it as the main OS on one machine though, and it has done well so far :)

Reaction score
Using it as primary OS in my old 2005 PC and it does its job very fine.

Reaction score
Dual booting with Vista on my main PC, but I find I am using Windows 7 more and more. I don't think I like the new start menu bar very much as I can't find what I am after sometimes... will take some getting used to!

Reaction score
I am also using it as my main OS since last monday. There are some issues to be resolved. mainly because I upgraded to build 7057

Reaction score
yh im using it as my main os, but i also have a dual boot with xp

Reaction score
I was using Windows7 32-bit as the only OS on my computer and recently switched to 64-bit. Windows7 works great for me. I have no reason to reinstall Vista.

Reaction score
was scartchin my head before i intslled win as my primary os instaed of win xp that i used since 2003

even cpu is supporting virtualization technology , i decided to replace xp with win 7 , but i had no reinstal it with 64 bit version in the same day )

Reaction score
I'm using W7 7100 as my main operating system running my small business on it (obviously with regular backups just in case) and using it as my entertainment system.....mainly for the Freesat abilities in Media Center and it's working perfectly!

Reaction score
The more I use W7 7000 the less I want to use Vista. As soon as I get hold of the RC, I plan to use it as my main OS.
I still have Vista & XP Pro, I havn't used XP for ages and have had no reason to use Vista other then to get updates.
I have imaged both XP & Vista to a spare drive and emptied another drive for a clean install of W7 RC.
All my hardware and software works on the W7 beta, so I will stay with it.
If I have any major problem, I can restore the Vista image in 15 minutes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The more I use W7 7000 the less I want to use Vista. As soon as I get hold of the RC, I plan to use it as my main OS.
I still have Vista & XP Pro, I havn't used XP for ages and have had no reason to use Vista other then to get updates.
I have imaged both XP & Vista to a spare drive and emptied another drive for a clean install of W7 RC.
All my hardware and software works on the W7 beta, so I will stay with it.
If I have any major problem, I can restore the Vista image in 15 minutes.
It's your lucky day - the RC is out now ;) If you like the original beta, you'll love the RC!

Ask a Question