SOLVED installing upgrade from full..

Reaction score
hello there chaps, heres the situation

my partners laptop has just gone kaput. its got some virus on it, and needs a wipe. i suggested upgrading to W7, and looking online there appears to be only upgrade offers available. i DO know that doing a clean install from an upgrade disc is possible, however -
i already own a full version disc, and my question is wether i can use that to do the clean install and simply use the purchased key that she will get - a key being meant for an upgrade disc only. im hoping for fast replies, she needs her laptop back up and running asap for university deadlines. ( data backup has already been done, i just want to predict anything that might happen during the installation of W7)

thanks for any help guys.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, the key for the Upgrade will work! I have done it for several clients.

Set the DVD drive to be the first boot device in the BIOS and then reboot with the DVD in the drive. Choose "Custom Install" when prompted to by the install.

Make sure you download all the correct drivers for the version you're installing; i.e., 32 bit or 64 bit drivers prior to the clean install and store them on a thumb drive, external hard drive or CD-RW disc.

Ask a Question