installation nightmare

Reaction score
I'm trying to install vpn on my Windows 7 64 bit operating system. The vpn is a 32 bit application. Each time I try to install the screen disappears. It tells me that access is denied. Help!

Reaction score
installation nightmare Install VPN Client on Windows 7

VPN on win 7 x64,
well you sure did pick a hard one here,I set up a VPN on my system but it was a cisco VPN on usb using #90 (dial up rules) it was a Nightmare 7 in the end I gave up it was causing too many other errors this guide will help you anyway please make sure that you run a full backup prior to doing anything,also look at another method which is using VPN client install on Windows 7--all resulting in BSOD (ndis.sys). I have found the following procedure has worked 100% of the time on multiple hardware platforms (including VMware):

How to (Successfully) Install VPN Client on Windows 7

If you do not follow these instructions when installing the VPN Client on Windows 7, you will probably end up in an endless blue screen / reboot cycle!

1. Uninstall any previous version of Cisco VPN client that you may have installed
  2. Reboot
  3. Download the Citrix DNE Update and install it.
  4. Reboot
  5. Make sure you have Cisco VPN Client 5.0.4.0300 (or newer, if available)
  6. Install the Cisco VPN Client
  7. Reboot
** Check out some of the additional steps others have taken below if you run into problems
Published Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:30 AM by brentonhouse

Comments

# re: How to (Successfully) Install Cisco VPN Client on Windows 7

For those of you that do not get this to work, you might have to do some additional stuff before rebooting in step 7. At least I did.
I had to remove the ndis.sys file after installing the VPN client and before rebooting. Then when you reboot Win 7 will repair this file and you are prompted to reboot once again and now it will work.
/WW

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:12 AM by Wictor

# re: How to (Successfully) Install Cisco VPN Client on Windows 7

I have tried many--many different ways to get the Cisco VPN client install on Windows 7--all resulting in BSOD (ndis.sys). I have found the following procedure has worked 100% of the time on multiple hardware platforms (including VMware):

http://lacy.ie/how-to-successfully-install-cisco-vpn-client-on-windows-7/

Last edited:

Ask a Question