Install Win 7 partition new drive. How put files, Easy Transfer, on other partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was using a 750 gb drive for my Windows XP Professional. No partitions. Call this "Drive C:". This is all still intact.

I decided to upgrade to Win 7. I bought a new one TB drive and made an 80 gb partition for the Win 7 (Pro) OS. Call this "Drive E:".

The remainder of the one TB drive, I made a partition for the program files and data files. Call this "Drive F:".

I tried using Easy Transfer, but it wants to install all my XP files on the small partition, "Drive E."

How do I get Easy Transfer to transfer files to my new "Drive F:"?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort of files did you want on your F drive? Most of the things it moves over will be registry settings, documents, photos and e-mails etc...

I would have thought that you could change the default storage locations within Windows 7 and then it would restore them to the appropriate locations. If not, you can always re-arrange things as you want afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question