Iframes on IE and Firefox

Reaction score
I manage a website which uses iframes in three cells of a table. Simple HTML and runs exactly as intended on internet explorer. Displays only one iframe at a time on Firefox. Is this a windows7 problem or do IE and Firefox interpret iframes differently? Can anyone advise?

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It's not an OS based problem at all, all web browsers display a web page differently, so part of a webmasters job is to sync them to look similar through web browser optimization. I would say IE and Firefox differ the most from my experience, once you've got those 2 viewing properly, the rest of the browsers out there kind of follow, or require very minor tweaking.

Reaction score
part of a webmasters job is to sync them to look similar through web browser optimization.
Not that it's their job, they have no choice because nothing is standardized until it becomes absolutely necessary. This leaves room for many different variations until there has been a standard developed. I for one wish they would stick to the standards until new standards are created.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Not that it's their job, they have no choice because nothing is standardized until it becomes absolutely necessary. This leaves room for many different variations until there has been a standard developed. I for one wish they would stick to the standards until new standards are created.
I would agree. You see lots of HTML and CSS keywords that are compatible with various selections of browsers out there, so matching or finding a way to keep things consistant can be annoying.

Ask a Question