IE9 won't load pages after update

Reaction score
this just happend to me as well (well 4 times actually as the (other) bloody laptop keeps loading updates avery time I leave it alone (yes I turn them off after doing a system restore).

Symptoms:
IE9 responds with "internet Explorer cannot display web page" for every page (inc microsoft online help) except for me home page.

Also I loose the ability to talk to my networked printers. And it cannot "find them" to reinstall - even when told the ip address.

Email (Outlook 2020) works fine though ???

Do a system restor to thursday and every thing seems to work fine though????

So far I have lost about 4 hours of productivity to this due to having to do system restores every time I want to print or access web sites I'd rather not go to on the work machine ( because they are related to my second job ).

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
That is an odd problem - since it affects network printing, I don't see this being a browser problem, but a network issue.

Is that the only computer on that network? Do they have problems printing too?

How do you connect? If by Ethernet, try another cable. Those are cheap and not very robust and it only takes a couple small yanks or trip-overs to damage. You might try a different port on your router. I've had several go bad over the years.

Have you scanned for malware?

Where is your home page located?

Note that most problems with IE9 are due to misbehaving or conflicting add-ons. Run IE without add-ons and see what happens - though that would not explain your printer problems.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not really. I'm sure you can find it there but the one I linked also talks about how to tweak some IE stuff manually which also might be worth reading over and it has a Run Now link on it for the specific Fix-it and well as links to instructions for reinstalling IE9. So I thought the link I offered had potentially more valuable info.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Ah. Okay. My only issue is network printing. That would not be a browser problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
peeved, have you tried a different browser (FireFox, chrome, Opera)? Do they work?

Ask a Question