2. SVG 1.1 2nd Edition Specification
  3. CSS3 Media Queries
  4. CSS3 Borders & Backgrounds
  5. CSS3 Selectors
  6. DOM Level 3 Core
  7. DOM Level 3 Events
  8. DOM Level 2 Style
P.S.
Don't ask me what it all means. And seeing how IE9 passed on all fronts, I'm pretty sure they left out the items where IE9 actually failed.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess the first ranking are the best browsers, and that the second ranking is which is the best browser technology. Am I right?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I guess those promised improvements in ACID3 scores are still "under construction."

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've been using the IE9 Platform Review some myself, it does look promising. Hopefully, when the browser is a full beta version, we'll see more of what it's shaped up to be. But at the moment, it's hard to say when that will be. Some says it will be around the same time that the next Windows beta is released, but that information didn't come from Microsoft. I do feel that it will be after HTML5 is here, I just don't look for them to depend on Adobe Flash, which may be a good thing, not only for the browser, but for Windows as a whole. Technology doesn't stand still.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I'm sure they'd rather promote Silverlight than Flash at any given opportunity.

Reaction score
http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/

Gday everyone,
I've been using the IE9 Platform Review for about a month now & I really like what I have been using,the above link indicates that as far as Microsoft are concerned it's all Good (Passed) all the tests So Far,I would appreciate your comments on the Results especially the Failed tests that Google Chrome are seeing,So much for their Flawless browser.

Internet Explorer 9
Platform Preview Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3Opera 10.52Apple Safari 4.05Google Chrome 4.1
Cross-browser Test Results: I also have noted that in all the Browsers the Dom Level 3 core results indicate all the browsers did well as I also use Mozilla Firefox I will stay loyal to MS regardless of the outcome I do maintain faith in M$ continuing to try & stay on top here & I have to mention that Google have released what they call Android Operating System (used now in the China released cheap version of apples Ipad,they are calling this the Iped,yes it's a copy however the cost is very low the apps are great its the operating system that got my attention.I will keep you all posted as more infor comes to hand.

Have a great day to all
respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Reaction score
Sloppy, Opera is outdated. Internet Explorer has never been a browser you could point to for general usefullness, but will this change? Probably not.

Reaction score
I'm sure they'd rather promote Silverlight than Flash at any given opportunity.
Hey on Promoting Microsoft sent me the Azure T-shirts,azure code thongs,now waiting for the azure software & cloud visual studio 2010 RC,Silverlight is great I myself really want Flash ffor w7 x64bit maybe we will see something totally new I have heard that Google is trying it's new operating system for the HTC phones (windows) & that might just have a new browser to go with it? maybe someone else has heard about it.All comments welcomed
regards
jeffreyobrien

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I read the entire article. It was emailed to me today from TechNet, I get the emails I'm just not a subsription member.

Looks like IE9 is quite impressive to say the least.

@Jeffreyobrian - are those bikini thongs? Please don't post any photos! LOL! If they're thongs for the feet that's cool.

@Core - like the new avatar!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually Android has been out for some time. Even though google only released the Nexus One a few months ago, Android was out there long before.

It's free and open source, so if you want it you can (that will envolve a super mind, patience, and linux).

Though android has real driver problems.

@AKthing
IE and Opera are still nice. They might not be as fast or powerfull as FF, but they're still appreciated by people like me.

@Core
Nice avatar! I prefered the mint logo, but that's my opinion.

Reaction score
I read the entire article. It was emailed to me today from TechNet, I get the emails I'm just not a subsription member.

Looks like IE9 is quite impressive to say the least.

@Jeffreyobrien - are those bikini thongs? Please don't post any photos! LOL! If they're thongs for the feet that's cool.!
yes Nibiru for the feet awesome LOGO all blue different shades as for t-shirts black long sleev & short,I can get you some if you like.

@Core - like the new avatar![/QUOTE]

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hey a T-Shirt would be awesome, that's very kind of you Sir!

It would have to be an XXL, cause I'm a big ol' Bubba as we say here in the South! Too much good barbecue! LOL!

Thanks Again, PM me when you need my Stateside address!

You're Fair Dinkum Mate! :)
Nibs

Ask a Question