Ideas for a mini touchscreen PC

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got an old "o2 Joggler", which is a little 7" touchscreen device that comes with 512MB Ram and a 1.3 Ghz Z520 Intel Atom CPU.

I picked it up for about £50 last year, but it seems wasted in it's current form. I'm just using it as a calendar!

So... I'm looking for ideas on what I can turn it in to :). It can run Linux from a USB drive, so I can run almost any software I need - so there's some good modding potential. I've browsed some of the joggler forums and there is plenty of discussion on getting customised builds to work, but I'd like to get something practical running on this.

If there was a way to get this to function as a calendar/e-mail checker/server status monitor then that may be handy next to my main PC, as it would pop up with any new alerts. However, there may be some much better uses so if you've got any ideas please let me know!

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you turn it into a GPS...maybe with some sort free app or firmware.
It could probably be done easily enough, but I've already got a TomTom so wouldn't have much use for it in the car. It would probably make a good in-car entertainment system, but I've only got a little Ford Fiesta so couldn't fit in in :lol:.

I've got that version of Ubuntu running right now as it happens, but so far I've not been using it for anything useful - just for the fun factor ;).

I'm going to try and turn it in to a media centre / status monitor and see how that works :)

Ask a Question