SOLVED I am locked out of my administrative account.

Reaction score
I inadvertently added a second security system, AVG (I already had McAfee) and when I realized I did that, I cancelled AVG, but now I can't get in to my administrator account. When I go to log in I get the following response "The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded." I can get into the system through Guest, but all of my files are under the administrative account and I cannot add or delete any programs. I have been able to get into the command prompt, but then I must not be doing something right, as I can't get any farther. If somebody knows how to set up a new administrative account, please give me step by step instructions. Thanks

Reaction score
You said..... I have been able to get into the command prompt..........
1. Please describe how did you do that.
Was that a elevated command prompt ?

2. Can you go to Safe Mode with Command Prompt ?
If yes, can you login in to your own admin account in safe mode?
If you don't know how to go to Safe Mode with command prompt, please post back.

I could throw you a tutorial which is very involving and not always work.
Let's see if we can solve this in a more simpler way.

I need you to reply back with answers to the above before I know how to continue

Reaction score
..............I hit fn and F8 at the same time when I restart the PC.

Forgive me if I do not appear to be diplomatic.

Is that one sentence reply supposed to answer my questions?
Example......
2. Can you go to Safe Mode with Command Prompt ?
If yes, can you login in to your own admin account in safe mode?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I assume you are in safe mode, to get to a command prompt

In the command prompt, type
net user administrator /active
and enter.

This should enable you to get into the Global Admin account

Reaction score
I did get into Safe Mode and was able to change my password. However, it would still not let me uninstall AVG. The first time, I tried to do a system restore for the day before I had installed AVG Security. It basically froze up. A friend told me about Revo Uninstaller and I downloaded it. I was then able to remove AVG and ran another system restore, which did go through and corrected the problem.

Reaction score
I did get into Safe Mode and was able to change my password. However, it would still not let me uninstall AVG. The first time, I tried to do a system restore for the day before I had installed AVG Security. It basically froze up. A friend told me about Revo Uninstaller and I downloaded it. I was then able to remove AVG and ran another system restore, which did go through and corrected the problem.
Good to know you have the problem fixed.
A word of advice, to avoid the same issue of not being able to log into your admin account, you should hae two (2) admin accounts. One of which will be your "backup, emergency admin account".
That way, you can always login to an admin account and make adjustment and correct the problems.
You were lucky this time being able to login in safe mode.
Last time I had the same error message, I could not login anywhere and I had only one admin account.
I ended up re-installing Win 7. What a pain !

Ask a Question