Blocked connections booting normal, fine in Safe Mode...

Reaction score
Hello all,

A few of my programs are unable to communicate with their servers now and I can't figure out why as they were find two weeks ago and I haven't made any changes since then. The issue lies with a service/program within Windows as all the programs communicate fine in Safe Mode. Windows Firewall and ICS are both disabled within Services. Malwarebytes (my only AV right now) is disabled also.

I know this is an ongoing and repetitive subject but the numerous searches are all resulting in pointing fingers at an AV program, which I am sure is completely disabled. Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Check your firewall settings and see if the sites you are having issues with are specifically mentioned for blockage. Even though you say the service is turned off, there still could be side effects from the service whether it is turned on or off.

Reaction score
Check your firewall settings and see if the sites you are having issues with are specifically mentioned for blockage. Even though you say the service is turned off, there still could be side effects from the service whether it is turned on or off.
After checking Windows Firewall, both Inbound and Outbound Rules have all entries set to "Allow"

Ask a Question