Hp 5440 Series network driver

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to to setup printer sharing between my TOSHIBA Satellite GS6000-L505D laptop(windows7 64-bit Home Premium) and a imac G5 with OSX Tiger. I had no problem connecting to the printer directly with a usb cable, but through my home wireless it tells me I don't have any drivers installed.

here is a pic of the error message:

Attachments

Reaction score
Which device is the printer loaded on, device 1 or device 2? Which ever the device is loaded on it also needs to be load on the second device as well. You can accomplish this task in two ways. Manual load the driver from the printer disc or add it from your control panel, hardware/sound panel and click add printer, click add a network , wireless or blue tooth printer, then click next. Make sure both computers are connected to network, and your device (printer) is turned on. Then just follow on screen prompts.

You can also click start orb, network tab and click add printer....less steps with same results.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What type router do you have (Brand and model number)? Printer brand/model # ? Is your printer connected to the imac or to the router, and if connected to the router is it wireless or usb/usb or usb to ethernet?

If you have the printer hanging off the imac I personally have no idea how to configure Tiger as a print server, not saying it can't be done, just I don't know how you would do that. But if you can hang your printer off the router the laptop won't have to "talk" to the imac.

Ask a Question