HP Deskjet 5440 Windows 7 Drivers

Reaction score
I have a HP Deskjet 5440 printer. I was able to install it and have it print in Windows 7 beta but I cannot get the drivers to work in the RC version.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
First, make sure you have the latest from the HP website and if those don't work, try compatibility mode. There's a tutorial link in my signature (I didn't write it, Ian did.). Hope this helps! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try downloading a tool like WinRar (www.rarlabs.com) and then see if it lets you extract the main driver exe file to it's constituent parts. The drivers for your printer will no doubt be bundled somewhere within these files and you can install it manually, instead of using the HP software wizard.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version?

Can you try the following to see if this works:
  • Unplug the printer completely
  • Uninstall any printer driver software/HP printer software on your PC that may still be installed
  • Reboot
  • Plug printer back in
  • Run Windows Update and search for drivers
I've had a search and it looks like Windows Update should carry drivers for that printer.

Reaction score
I am using the 32 bit version.
I followed your suggestions and the drivers installed properly.
Thank you for the help

Reaction score
Still having HP 5440 issues

I've tried everything in this post and I'm still unable to install the HP 5440. Is there a generic printer driver I can use? I don't need the full functionality of the printer.

Ask a Question