hp omni 100 series all in one wont fully boot into windows

Reaction score
To whom this may concer
I am a very happy owner of a Hp omni 100o series all in one with 4 g ram and a 500 g hdand here is my problem
i have had absolutly no issues with this computer but yesterday it will no longer boot into windows 7 i have tried the restore feature and the factory restore settings in the recovery manager program HOWEVER FOR SOME REASON THE SYSTEM RECOVER TO FACTORY CONDITION IS NOW GREYED OUT AND IS NO LONGER ABLE TO BE USED and cant even be clicked
l have tried the following i ran chkdsk /f
WHICH COULDNT BE DONE BECAUSE IT SAID THE HD WAS A MOUNTED DRIVE AND NEEDED TO BE DISMOUNTED AND THEN IT WOULD RUN AFTER RESTARTING BUT IT NEVER RAN JUST WENT INTO START UP REPAIR WHICH SAYS CANT BE REPAIRED
so I ran the boot rec /fix boot command and alll of the other rec.exe commands like fix boot and scan os and rebuild bcd commands and nothing helped
SO here is my question
Is there a way to go thru win 7 disk into dos and see if i can recover the portion of the recovery manager that is missing to bring up the factory restore feature in the dos command and if so how to go about doing it i have a huge amount of computer repair skills however i have never came across this normally the factory restore feature is always there but not here
Oh yea and 1 more thing it has got verry slow like 30 min to even get to the starting windows command and from there it goes to the blue screen for 7 minutes then the repair section attempts to repair start up which never passes and always cannot be repaired ect ect
So where do i go from here PLEASE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT (e-mail address removed)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Best guess: Most likely cause is that your hard drive crashed/died, i.e will need replaced and your system restored to a new hard drive.

The other possibility is you were infected by a virus but unless you can at least get to safe mode it would be difficult to scan for such a problem. Some Antivirus software can be installed on bootable DVDs, in which case you might be able to use one of those to scan your system for a virus.

If you have a Windows 7 Install DVD there is a DOS prompt option but it isn't likely you have that with HP restore DVDs. You could use another computer and download and burn yourself a W7 Install DVD ... see links >>HERE<< ... be sure to get the same version and bit-size (32 or 64) as your laptop has installed.

Reaction score
Hello there again and thanks for the reply
I wish i could get into safemode i press the f8 key and it shows all the safe mode commands but it goes into the recovery manager after about 4 min of running even if i put the win 7 dvd in I have a feeling there is a dos command that i am missing but i am not sure
sfc ran with no errors chkdsk /r ran no problems found
ran all of the boot rec.exe commands too
And like i was saying what i find really wierd isthat when i getto the recovery manager the restore system to factory conditions is greyed out and cant be selected
This is where i think i need to get figured out if i can get to the factory recovery somehow i think i could beat this monster lol

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well what I'm worried about is your factory restore partition may be damaged and that is why it is gray. That is part of the reason I suspect Hard drive damage.

Ask a Question