how to replace win7 picture viewer with XP picture viewer

Reaction score
is it possible to replace the picture viewer in win7 with the one from XP? i don't like the one in win7 as much as the one in XP. i can't make it organize pictures by date modified like in the Xp one. and i don't like the magnification tool as it can only be used once for each picture as the one in Xp once i use it , it will stay in use for all the pictures from then on until I am finished viewing all my pictures.
thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Martygene,

I don't think there is a way to get the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer " back in Windows 7 as it has been replaced with "Windows Photo Viewer ". However, you may be able to find some 3rd party software that does the trick for you.

My personal recommendation would be something like Picasa http://picasa.google.com/, but IrfanView is also a popular choice : http://www.irfanview.com/

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Hi martygene.

I like Windows Live Photo Gallery a lot better than Windows Photo Viewer for quick viewing pictures. I use IrfanView for working on them.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager or the Snagit 10 Editor.

Reaction score
I want WP&FV back pleeeaaase

"I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager or the Snagit 10 Editor"

This is not a good replacement for WP&FV as it does not display multiple pages. I receive my faxes in .tif format. WP&FV did the job perfectly, Office picture Manager does not handle multiple pages at all, and Windows Photo Viewer (the only option in Win 7 I can find as a replacement) has its moments. Sometimes it works well and the next it inserts all sorts of horizontal lines all over the pages.

There is a far better replacement built in, but after having to reinstall Win 7 again I cannot find how I did it last time.

Very frustrating, two steps forward 5 steps backward.

There has to be a better way

Bob

Ask a Question