How to re-install windows 7 with the same serial ?

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have a TOUCHMATE PC with me, (Core i5 configuration). It came pre-installed with Windows 7 - Home Premium.

I need to get back to the factory settings of this PC, but there is no such thing like that, (as you find in some laptops).
So, I needed to install Windows 7 - Home Premium again with the same serial key, that i have.

How do i do this ? I dint get any Windows Installation disc with the PC. I have registered serial stuck onto the PC.

Can any experts help me out.

PROBLEM Y I NEED TO REINSTALL WINDOWS 7 :
(What I did is, I first installed the Office Outlook 2010, found that it was crap as it does not have an option to delete messages from the server.
So, planned to install Office Outlook 2007. I just messed up with the installation.
And it has come to such a point that, how many ever times i uninstall the Outlook 2010, it never uninstalls and whenever I install the Outlook 2007 and i open it, it opens Outlook 2010.)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the problem is that most laptops you buy do not come with Microsoft's unaltered W7. Normally the manufacturer tweaks the OS, adding drivers and extra software, etc. Most of this you don't really need but you may find you need the drivers.

Anyway you can download and burn a DVD of the true Microsoft W7 SP1 version but then you may need to go to the manufacturers website to get drivers and any extra software.

Outlook 2010 has an option to delete old mail but it waits 14 days to do it; apparently too many people didn't understand the setting and it was too late once deleted so now there is a delay.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You CAN use an OEM version of Windows 7, the one that MS sells to system builders and such, usually available at big box retailers and etailers too.

Your 25 character serial WILL work with that OEM version but it won't work with the standard "retail" versions. I found out the long way when repairing a client's notebook. Put in the Win 7 Pro retail disk instead of the OEM Pro disk. Wasted 20 minutes so it wasn't too bad. Plus other users on other forum sites have stated the same thing, that the OEM Home Premium version is necessary for a reinstall to work with the serial code on the COA sticker on the bottom of the notebook computer.

You can download an OEM ISO image from various websites. Just Google it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what Nibs said it sounds like your OEM key won't work with the W7 SP1 links in my post above. I hadn't heard this before but I haven't had a need to try it either.

Ask a Question