How to install 64 bit drivers for 32 bit

Reaction score
Hi Friends.,
I brought new sony Vaio laptop with pre installed windows 7 basic (64 bit). Later i purchased windows 7 ultimate (32bit).Now i want to know how to install my drivers CD which came with my laptop. Boz that CD is 64-bit supported.

I searched Sony support page's, but it's showing only 64 bit only which is come with my laptop. kindly solve my proplem.

Reaction score
Short answer, you can't.

You will need 32-bit drivers if you plan on using Windows 7 32-bit. Your best bet would be to install the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have an Ultimate key you can probably download W7 Ult 64-bit and just use that key.

But no matter whether you decide to install the 32 or 64-bit ultimate it will require you to do a brand new custom install. The only way to not do a custom install is if you would have bought the Anytime Upgrade from starter to Ultimate.

But since you bought an actual Ultimate license your best choice is to run Windows easy Transfer to back up all your userids, settings, and data; then do a fresh install of ultimate, then restore the Windows Easy Transfer back-up and finally reinstall all your software.

Ask a Question