SOLVED How To Create & Install MultiBoot USB Flash Drive (Windows 7 And XP)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec, if you have Windows 7, why bother keeping XP as well?

Reaction score
you would be supprised how many people have 7 & xp on there machine, xp is still a great os.

Like i said before whats not for you doesn't neccasarally mean its not for someone else :D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Um.. yes. But why install XP now? If it's a new machine, install the newer, better OS. If it's an older computer - updgrade, instead of staying with XP.

OEMs aren't even allowed to install XP on new machines anymore!

Reaction score
I downloaded the info about creating a multi-boot USB. Does this mean that I can put put both my Os's on it and then use it to install both of them on my new machine without having to use the dvd's for the installs? If you can then I assume it would be quicker and easier.

Reaction score
Once you have created this multi-boot USB, you will be able to install XP and Windows 7 from the USB drive and will be quicker from using a DVD. providing it is capable of taking both xp & 7

I have not yet tried this myself yet! i am doing other stuff at the moment.:)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Um.. yes. But why install XP now? If it's a new machine, install the newer, better OS. If it's an older computer - updgrade, instead of staying with XP.

OEMs aren't even allowed to install XP on new machines anymore!
.... because some programs don't run in W7 and a virtual window is slower? ...because it's Catilley and he wants to know he can? ...because it's there!

Just because new machines can't ship with it anymore because of some arbitrary agreement between Microsoft and the hardware manufacturers doesn't mean it has no value and there is no need for it; it simply means it must be done after market. If a business is still running XP and that is their standard platform then they are perfectly in their rights to install XP on a new machine.

That's the problem with you youngsters, your growing up In a society where everything is disposable ... computers ... phones ... OSes ... and people; you don't value what you have, have no understanding of caring for things. I had some board games for over 15 years and my stepkids broke up the box corners and lost pieces in just the 9 mos I was married. I suppose we should turn everything over to the kids and turn us older folks into Soylent Green.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with creating a multi boot machine, if that's what you want to do. I have dual boots of Windows 7 on my desktop, quad boots (2K, XP Media Center, Vista SP2 & Win 7 Home Basic) on my 100GB notebook.

Along with two versions of XP Mode on my desktop, and many VM's of different kinds running through VirtualBox. Some may wonder, why so much? It's mine, and I do what I please with it, period. If I run out of drive space, I'll buy another, MS just issued an update to make 2TB drives stable, so I'm not shy about purchasing drives.

Thanks Bugsy, for a good tutorial.

Cat

Ask a Question