how to boot from another partition

Reaction score
I managed to use Windows 7 install disc to 'repair' the old partition and boot from this partition.

How do I reformat another partition if there are system files on it? WIndows 7 won't let me reformat. See this screenshot:
http://www.gregorylee.org/temp/Wynnewood/screenshot1.jpg

I would like to reformat the last entry, which is highlighted "c:(D:)".

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You have your system all bass ackwards to begin with!

You really should reinstall Windows 7 and at the screen that shows the hard drive listed, delete ALL partitions and begin anew. You'll probably notice an increase in start-up times too.

Never, ever, put your OS on the last partition on the hard drive.

Reaction score
Never, ever, put your OS on the last partition on the hard drive.
Agreed

And never ever put your OS on a logical partitition.

You can not boot to anything but a primary partition. You are asking us for help eliminating your primary partition. If you did that, your system would not bootup.

I recommend you move your OS partition back to the highlighted drive which is the primary partition. Use the bootup repair from Windows 7 DVD to correct any issues that may result from the move. Then you would have the option to remove the third partition which is the second logical partition.

Ask a Question