how can i get directX 9.0c and 3d hardware

Reaction score
i just bought WoW (world of warcraft) and i got hella mad cause it said that i need directx 9.0c and 3d hardware. i have checked out my computer and it says that the drivers are ''missing''. how can i solve this problem.

Reaction score
Wikipedia - DirectX
Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally, the names of these APIs all began with Direct, such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, and so forth. The name DirectX was coined as shorthand term for all of these APIs (the X standing in for the particular API names) and soon became the name of the collection. When Microsoft later set out to develop a gaming console, the X was used as the basis of the name Xbox to indicate that the console was based on DirectX technology.[1] The X initial has been carried forward in the naming of APIs designed for the Xbox such as XInput and the Cross-platform Audio Creation Tool (XACT), while the DirectX pattern has been continued for Windows APIs such as Direct2D and DirectWrite.

The components of DirectX:
  • DirectDraw: for drawing 2D Graphics (raster graphics). Now deprecated (in favor of Direct2D), though still in use by a number of games and as a video renderer in media applications.
  • Direct3D (D3D): for drawing 3D graphics.
  • DXGI: for enumerating adapters and monitors and managing swap chains for Direct3D 10 and up.
  • Direct2D for 2D Graphics
  • DirectWrite for Fonts
  • DirectCompute for GPU Computing
  • DirectInput: for interfacing with input devices including keyboards, mice, joysticks, or other game controllers. Deprecated after version 8 in favor of XInput for Xbox 360 controllers or standard WM INPUT window message processing for keyboard and mouse input.
  • DirectPlay: for communication over a local-area or wide-area network. Deprecated after version 8 in deference to Games for Windows Live and Xbox Live
  • DirectSound: for the playback and recording of waveform sounds, deprecated. The current audio libraries include XAudio2 (a low-level audio library) and XACT3 (a higher-level audio API)
  • DirectSound3D (DS3D): for the playback of 3D sounds.
  • DirectMusic: for playback of soundtracks authored in DirectMusic Producer. Deprecated since DirectX 8 and replaced with XAudio2 and XACT3
  • DirectX Media: comprising DirectAnimation for 2D/3D[23] web animation, DirectShow for multimedia playback and streaming media, DirectX Transform for web interactivity, and Direct3D Retained Mode for higher level 3D graphics. DirectShow contains DirectX plugins for audio signal processing and DirectX Video Acceleration for accelerated video playback.
  • DirectX Diagnostics (DxDiag): a tool for diagnosing and generating reports on components related to DirectX, such as audio, video, and input drivers.
  • DirectX Media Objects: support for streaming objects such as encoders, decoders, and effects.
  • DirectSetup: for the installation of DirectX components, and the detection of the current DirectX version.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
ok thank u, will this also download the direct 3d and direct draw
The online installer will download and install ALL DirectX software necessary for what you need, as long as your video card is DirectX 9 capable.

After it's finished installing and rebooted, type "dxdiag" in the Run Command line of the Start Orb in lower-left corner and it will show you what version of DirectX 9 is installed and if all features are functioning.

Last edited:

Ask a Question