SOLVED Directx version

Reaction score
I wanna know the version of the directx installed.
The dxdiag tool says it is dx11 but windows experience index tells it is dx10
I have attached the results.Please notify me the version
Thank you

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your graphics card only supports up to DirectX 10, you have drivers installed that support through 11. You will only run at 10 because that's all your card can handle.

Reaction score
Your graphics card only supports up to DirectX 10, you have drivers installed that support through 11. You will only run at 10 because that's all your card can handle.
But before reinstall it supported 11.The windows experience test was described as directx 3d 11 alphabend,alu,etc.After reinstall everything changed to dx10.I tried every method of upgrading but no use

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
nvidia said:
Q: Who are GeForce 8400 GS graphics cards for?
A: GeForce 8400 GS graphics cards are ideal for cost-conscious users who don’t want to sacrifice features. NVIDIA GeForce 8400 graphics processors are great for watching HD DVD and Blu-ray movies on a PC, accelerating the Microsoft Windows Vista experience, and playing Microsoft DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 games.
Source

I don't know what else to tell you, the Nvidia GeForce 8400GS was designed to support DirectX 9 & 10

Reaction score
Man wake up , what year do u live in ? My GTX 460 is outdated piece of junk comparing to the latests Nvidia GPU (

Ask a Question