Home Network single version?

Reaction score
I have a wired LAN with 5 pcs running a mix of Vista and XP. I have the printer attached to my main pc and everyone else just uses that. I want to upgrade everyone to Win7. Do all the pcs on the network need to be either 32 or 64bit so I don't get conflicts especially with the printer driver? I know it is less confusing running all the same version, but kids have older games that may struggle under 64 bit, while I would like the extra power for myself and wife (so she doesn't get pc envy!)

Mike

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The PCs can be a mix of 32 and 64 bit, that won't affect anything.

You just need to be sure the printer drivers are installed on each PC for the respective version of either 32 or 64 bit OS.

The games should run alright on the 64 bit version. You might try installing one after you do an install to 64 bit and see how it runs though.

You can also get a 3 PC family license for Windows 7.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Just make sure the printer will work for 64bit and if so, you'll be all set regardless if there is a mix of 32bit and 64bit (at least concerning the printer)

Ask a Question