Help with ASUS mobo driver

Reaction score
Just installed Windows 7

Do I insert the CD that came with my PC (which included the original ASUS driver) & install that driver, THEN go to the ASUS site and update the newest driver?

OR is there another/better way.

Oh - did a clean install of win 7 and I do see a Windows.old folder - if this is of any help.

Thx!

Reaction score
Hi sethm1

It would be best to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer. Installing from CD is a waste of time and effort if you plan to download anyway. Windows update should install all of your hardware to where it works. There has been instances where windows update has failed though.

Just this evening I installed a bluetooth device and Windows update failed installing but pointed me to the website so I could download the latest drivers. Please note I had a CD that came with the device and chose not to use it.

Your Windows.old folder can be deleted if you have all of you data copied from the folder.

Reaction score
Was able to flash the newest version via Alt- F2 on boot up.

What I am looking for is the ASUS utility that would allow me to do that via windows versus the BIOS- There was such a tool when this PC had Vista - guess one reason to buy a new machine with the latest OS versus a upgrade (actually Custom/Advanced install of 7)

Reaction score
The Bios Update is not specific to Windows version. I hope you don't think you need to flash your Bios just because you upgraded Windows.

Ask a Question