HD Audio driver

Reaction score
Hello
I have just installed win7 to my PC, and i have run Windows Update which installed every driver i needed, except the HD Audio driver. To be honest, it does install the HD Audio driver, but it doesnt work.
In the right corner of the desktop, there's a speaker with red X on it, and when I click to it it tries to troubleshoot the sound problem, but it always saying: High Definition Audio driver has a driver problem. Not fixed

if some1 knows the solution pls post it here :S ty

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
More than likely you'll need to install a Realtek HD Audio driver, but that's a guess on my part.

Do you know what the audio chipset is? If not, what make and model the motherboard is?

If you know what mobo you have then go to that website and download the correct audio driver.

Reaction score
Hi phuong - Welcome to w7forums

Which computer do you have?
Have you checked the manufacturers website for drivers?

Reaction score
Hello
Pc: MEDIONPC MS-7046
motherboard : MSI MS-7046 (Medion OEM)
manulfacturer: Micro-Star International

i've visited medion's website but i found nothing

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Medion's website has a driver support section.

Go here: http://www.medionusa.com/

You're searching for drivers and updates / manuals ...? Here you'll make a find...!

Here you will find all current drivers, manuals and FAQ´s.

You can search for your serial number of your PC, your MD number of your notebook (or other devices) very comfortably and receive a listing of all available drivers, user manuals and FAQ´s. You could also use the full text search as alternative.

Note: PC World PC’s are not covered here, please look here for drivers and updates.

Where can I find my identification number?

Please enter your search details.

Serial number (only PC) MED S/N-

MD/LT number (only NB and periphals) MD/LT-

Full text search

Reaction score
I went that Medion webside u gave and wrote MS-7046 to the Full text search, it showed me 3 available driver update. I installed them, but any of them solved my sound problem :/

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
What is the type of sound chipset driver you're trying to install?

Is it Realtek, C-Media, or what?

Reaction score
I don't know where i can see the type of my sound chipset, where can i?

Reaction score
I only tried to install Realtek drivers, i havent tried C-Media yet

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I don't know where i can see the type of my sound chipset, where can i?
Download this free application called: SIW - System Information for Windows

It will tell you everything you need to know about you system. It's loaded with features!

SIW is an advanced System Information for Windows tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings and displays it in an extremely comprehensible manner.
SIW can create a report file (CSV, HTML, TXT or XML), and is able to run in batch mode (for Computer Software and Hardware Inventory, Asset Inventory Tracking, Audit Software Licenses, Software License Compliance).
The system information is divided into few major categories:

• Software Inventory: Operating System, Installed Software and Hotfixes, Processes, Services, Users, Open Files, System Uptime, Installed Codecs, Software Licenses (Product Keys / Serial Numbers / CD Key), Secrets (Password Recovery).
  • Hardware Inventory: Motherboard, Sensors, BIOS, CPU, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB and ISA/PnP Devices, Memory, Video Card, Monitor, Disk Drives, CD/DVD Devices, SCSI Devices, S.M.A.R.T., Ports, Printers.
  • Network Information: Network Cards, Network Shares, currently active Network Connections, Open Ports.
  • Network Tools: MAC Address Changer, Neighborhood Scan, Ping, Trace, Statistics
  • Miscellaneous Tools: Eureka! (Reveal lost passwords hidden behind asterisks), Monitor Test, Shutdown / Restart.
  • Real-time monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage and Network Traffic.
SIW is a standalone utility that does not require installation (Portable Freeware) - one less installed program on your PC as well the fact that you can run the program directly from an USB flash drive, from a floppy, from a network drive or from a domain login script.
SIW can be distributed freely (ftp, archives, CD-ROMs ...).

It will tell you what sound chipset you have.

Reaction score
Sorry that i'm so dumb but still i don't know where can i see it.
Can u tell me where can i see my sound chipset inside that program u gave?

Ask a Question