Hardware configuration problem with Windows 7

Reaction score
Compatibility mode that i set in SATa ever booting time of the installer it still didn't work. It shows the same error

Reaction score
Try installing with it set to compatibility or have you already tried that?

I remember you saying something about compatibility not helping.

Reaction score
Try installing with it set to compatibility or have you already tried that?

I remember you saying something about compatibility not helping.
It doesn't work with vista. Did install with 7 in boot time but it didn't help, it shows the same error.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I take it you have the AHCI controller and drivers ?

Reaction score
I take it you have the AHCI controller and drivers ?
Do you know where i could update my BIOS from?
because i'm using an Australian model of toshiba notebook PSAGCA. the u.s model for A300 is PSAGCE/ and that is the BIOS i actually updated mine with.
I don't have plug n play in my bios and i think that if i could find the appropriate update for my bios the new 7 would work..
Satellite A300 PSAGCA 03C010(U.s version is PSAGCE)
i need the bios for mine

Reaction score
ATA

Hi Imtiaz383

I think this link may help (under support) > http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/home
Do you how i could enable the Ata mode in Sata? is there any program that i have to download and install a driver for it? I'm saying this because i saw in google, many have the same issue and enabled the ATA mode in sata and the problem was solved...I don't have ATA...i have compatibility and AHCI mode in sata...
what is ata? can i get it?

Reaction score
Ok hi..it's been a few months and i'm back....
i still couldn't get Windows 7 to work ofcourse...
i think i found what the problem is.....
I just installed Windows Xp....and i forget to set bios sata mode to compatibility mode....In the end of the install xp crashed with a blue screen...but when i set it to compatibility mode in bios, it worked...and i have also tried it another way to identify ofcourse, booting will still result into bluescreen for xp ofcourse without compatibility in bios....The same happened to me when installing Windows 7, Ahci somehow was supported well for Windows 7.When i get the configuration error THEN boot, i actually get a blue screen(crash BSOD)......i think i have to update my ahci or that i have a problem with the plug and play...
I did run a System health report which windows calls "Generate health report for 60seconds" and this is the error that i got for the plug and play devices were 2 out of 100 passes.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Imtiaz, I'm new here and I haven't read all 8 pages of info so if this information is repetative I apologize but you might want to try running the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

and you might run some searches on your hardware for Win 7 compatibility at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Unfortunately neither are perfect. I personally was disappointed that neither realized my old trusty trackball of over 15 years is not fully compatible (I can no longer use the middle button). Logitech support told me it is no longer supported {tears}.

Ask a Question