Hardware configuration problem with Windows 7

Reaction score
I have a question Imtiaz383

Are you trying to install to a completely clean Hard Drive?

I have seen reports where restore partitions have caused install failures.
Please be aware that removing this partition will remove any chance you have at a system restore, if you do not have the CD/DVD recovery media.

Reaction score
Dude i've already done System restore too many times with DVD/CD recovery disks, i have 2 hdd's probably both of them have been partitioned and even over installed(upgraded) through....i don know...
i have already got vista ultimate installed in dual boot last week, i wouldn't assume that windows 7 is not installing because of a faulty hard drive....

Reaction score
I did not suggest you had a faulty hard drive. I made a statement that others have reported that a recovery partitions have somehow caused problems with installs. They were finally successful after deleting the recovery partition. One guy didn't even know he had a recovery partition because it was hidden from the main system. I think it was Partition Magic boot media that he used to find this hidden partition.

Reaction score
I did not suggest you had a faulty hard drive. I made a statement that others have reported that a recovery partitions have somehow caused problems with installs. They were finally successful after deleting the recovery partition. One guy didn't even know he had a recovery partition because it was hidden from the main system. I think it was Partition Magic boot media that he used to find this hidden partition.

Wow that's a very nice solution. Okay i know i have a HDD recovery drive icon that comes up when i perform a recovery disc, and the other is when i actually install windows 7 from installer in custom install mode..that's when i can see HDD recovery drive...

If i delete HDD recovery drive, will that effect my recovery option with Cd?
Will the recovery dvd/cd that i created that date, will that need that recovery drive?
Is there any ways of bringing back that drive back when i choose to "Restore" my pc back to factory settings using the recovery disk?...i want to do it but i am concerned of loosing a part of my computer and not being able to bring it back.

Reaction score
ok i'll give it a try, but before i do. Can i bring the recovery drive back?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
If you delete / format the hidden recovery partition it will be gone for good.

Reaction score
But won't it come back when i recover to factory settings using the Recovery disk that i created previously?

Reaction score
Do you guys know how to request for support and help to microsoft? i do believe that microsoft has a support forum or even live chat for problems and issues with hardware.....i'm sure microsoft has an idea of what the cause might be

Reaction score
Your recovery DVD's will work without the recovery partition. The DVD's are a backup encase of hard drive failure. Either one works without the other.

Tell you what you could do. You could always use Vista to create a drive image of this recovery partition. Then you will have a image backup and can remove it. Once you have successfully installed Windows 7 the image can be placed back on the drive. If you do remove the partition be sure to keep the drive space free for the partition to go back unless you decide you don't need it after all.

Reaction score
Your recovery DVD's will work without the recovery partition. The DVD's are a backup encase of hard drive failure. Either one works without the other.

Tell you what you could do. You could always use Vista to create a drive image of this recovery partition. Then you will have a image backup and can remove it. Once you have successfully installed Windows 7 the image can be placed back on the drive. If you do remove the partition be sure to keep the drive space free for the partition to go back unless you decide you don't need it after all.

Ok dude. I will do it, but before i do. How will i backup the image?

Reaction score
Isn't the image already saved into the recovery disk i created previously with 2 dvd/cd's?

Reaction score
If yes, then i should proceed with deleting the hdd recovery partition but how? if no, how can i backup the image?

Reaction score
Read more here - https://www.w7forums.com/backup-you-hard-drive-acronis-t1489.html
You wrote This can be done with Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition > http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/

You can backup your full OS (all of your Windows 7 partition) to another partition, external HDD or Flash Drive, within Paragon you can burn a bootable rescue disk (that works out side of the OS) and allows you to completely replace your OS from the backup archive, this software works very well, if you have a major problem or destroy part of your OS you can replace your complete OS in a few minuets.
Read more here - www.w7forums.com/linux-sucks-t2654.html

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ask a Question