[Guide] Maplestory on Windows 7

Reaction score
lol

The only error coming up for me is when i change to window rather than full screen. (Chchat) make sure All- maple-story compatibility icons are set to Windows XP Service pack 2 & 3 ok. EX. click on HShield( properties to see what compatibility it is. Since i'm using FireFox i'm not having any more issues with Maple-story lol:)

Reaction score
Ok, i just have a quick question. Every time i start up it tells me it the program has known compatibility issues. But one the game loads up it plays fine. So my question is: can playing this game damage my laptop in anyway because of the compatibility issues?
I have the same problem, but I cant run it anyway. If i click look for solutions, it tells me to visit the website. If I click run program, it takes me to the website. The only other option is close. I am running it in Windows Vista compatibility, with admin permission, applied to all users.

Reaction score
I believe i fixed my problem

:):D
I'm using Windows 7 Home
If whatever your running leave it be don't change anything to make it work. My(UAC) user accounts settings is still on (recommend). So Delete everything of that says Maple and Nexon off ur computer and control panel remove programs, If ur a admin check ur file as well for lurking files of Nexon ok. Once done make sure ur UAC is Med (recommend) or high ok. If this pops up NEXON REQUIRES ELEVATION thats good so follow DO NOT change file& wait till its install then it will install its updates for Version 8.6. MY UAC is on med and i was still able to run game& logut, MY final Test is shutting down laptop turning it back on & if it says nothing I'm GOLDEN :D I see what it does now brb

Reaction score
i cant get maplestory to work, it says maplestory is incompatible with my version of windows 7.

I click run program anyways but nothing happens, NOTHING happens.

I've tried changing all compatibilities and running as admin. I've also tried running through GameLauncher.exe..

Anyone have a fix for me?

I'm using Windows 7 Business 64 bit.

Reaction score
Okay, I've followed your guide for GMS, to the letter, and Maplestory still refuses to open by any means. I've ditto'd the process for GameLauncher, no luck. I've tried to open thru the website, no luck. Maplestory simply refuses to open on my Netbook.
I am running Windows 7 Starter (cannot afford an upgrade yet), and my computer's specs are:
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @1.66 GHz 1.67 GHz
RAM: 1.00 GB
Sys. Type: 32-bit

When I open the program, my com tries to change resolution (as it did w/ my previous com), stops mid-way, and reverts back. I disabled the program in my taskbar that changes the resolution to it's "optimal" settings, and the same thing happens.
Can anyone help? I'd really like to start playing again...

Reaction score
i just had gotten this problem today,i started 2 days ago...played for those 2 days and now its having problems,and the method is not working

Reaction score
cant install it

i tried to install Maplestory on my laptop windows 7 home premium, but when i run it, it say that i have to internet connection.
i hooked up my home internet and add in the wireless internet too!
it still doesnt work

Reaction score
my maplestory works fine until i get into the charecter.
however as soon as i start playing it get slow and laggy. :S

what should i do?

Reaction score

i have this problem any1 can help? i am playing maplesea and i done your method and it shows error code:-2147467259 (Unspecified error)

The picture not working =.=
Only thing I CAN help with slightly. This was my first stone to step over. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it was I did to make it work, but I suspect it was either updating my Display Adapters driver or a Windows Update that I downloaded. Afterwards, I noticed my screen resolution was much bigger than it use to be able to accomplish, and I think probably that driver was what got me past the unspecified error.

Reaction score
Doesnt work!!!!

Ok, so yes Maplestory does in fact work!
I'll show you the steps to getting it to work perfectly :)

For GMS Users (Global Maplestory):
Assuming you have GMS installed already, follow these steps:

First go to your Maplestory folder, the default location is C:\Nexon\Maplestory

Now right click on Maplestory.exe and the select Properties

The next step is to click on the Compatibility tab at the top

Then look at Run this program in compatibility mode for: then tick the box and select Windows XP SP3.

Now look a further down and look at the option Privilege Level tick the box in front of the words: Run this program as an administrator

Your screen should look like this if you have done it correctly:

Ok so now all you have to do is click Apply and then OK and you can start playing :) Happy Mapling!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For DXWnd users (The Private Server Community):

You will have to follow the same steps above for your server client, when you finish the instructions above then you can read on.

So assuming you have your Maplestory files and you have set your client to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 then read the following:

Warning: There is a BUG! You cannot have DXWnd and Internet Explorer open at the same time! Internet Explorer will stop working (just a freeze up). In order to get IE working again you must close out of DXWnd!

Ok, so basically you are going to do what you did for your server client. You must set the compatibility mode again. What you want to do first is go to your DXWnd folder

Then right click on dxwnd.exe and select properties

Next step is to go to the Compatibility tab and do the same thing you did with your server client:

Tick the first box and select Windows XP SP3 and then tick the box next to the words: Run this program as an administrator

It should look like so:

Once your window looks like that then click Apply and OK.

Next you will need to configure DXWnd.

So open up DXWnd.

Once it is open go to Edit>Add

This window will pop up:

First thing you need to do is find your client (which will be in your Maplestory folder if you extracted the client to the right place). Use the '...' to navigate to your client.

Now depending on which version of DirectX you have that is what you will choose.
The choice is only between DirectX8 and DirectX9. (Note that all newer model computers should use the option DirectX9)
Anything below those two choices will not work.

Once you choose the DirectX version, select OK.

Now DXWnd is configured! You can now start playing!

I hope this guide helped you guys out!

Happy Mapling!
I'm sorry but THIS DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't seen any difference in play MapleStory for me in-game whether I use compatibility mode or not on Windows 7 Ultimate x32.

Reaction score
I have successfully run Maplestory on Windows 7. I had to click on the apply for all users tab to get it to work though. It wouldn't seem to work without doing that. That is for Global. I don't know about the private servers.

Without clicking on apply for all users I was getting a hackshield error about running in compatability mode.
I LOVE YOU <3

Reaction score
maple story

hello my maple story is not to get there I put aprace loads when i play will not get maple story opens uque I do?

Reaction score

This is my error and I followed each step D:

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HALP?

Reaction score
Loook this is what happens to me everything works fine till the character creation... :(
1. I open maple i log in
2. I press character creation and then it says pick your class and stuff
3 then i do then it freezes for like 5 seconds then it shutsdown HELP!!!!! please

Reaction score
im so mad and mijimaru i got that message to BTW ima using windows seven home premium 64-bit help!!!!:(

Reaction score
HELP!!

please some one reply back im ina CRISIS here lol :mad::( why isint it working!:dontknow::confused:

Reaction score
Loook this is what happens to me everything works fine till the character creation... :(
1. I open maple i log in
2. I press character creation and then it says pick your class and stuff
3 then i do then it freezes for like 5 seconds then it shutsdown HELP!!!!! please
Try changing the game from fullscreen to windowed, I dunno if it will work for you, but it worked for me with other games, if you can't get to an options menu before it crashes, hit alt-enter and that should work

Ask a Question