GTX 660 BSOD/driver crash

Reaction score
This has been a recurring problem for a few months now and it will crash the system (forcing a manual reboot) or will cause nvidia drivers to crash. I'll attach the minidump below. Any more information needed will be supplied, and Thank you for taking your time to help me with this in advance.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The crash points to your nvidia driver (nvlddmkm.sys, dated Mar 14, 2013). If overclocking try factory settings. If there is a newer driver, even beta you might try it, although I think you have the latest. If you play games get the latest patches. And check for a motherboard BIOS update; they often provide more stability.

--"The trouble with being on the cutting edge is the bleeding."

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I have updated Bios and graphics drivers (even went back one by one to check for stability) and those have not worked...One thing worth mentioning is that my older card, GTX 460 (of the same brand), has no issues whatsoever. I'm starting to think I should RMA it..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You could try another video card but probably they just don't have the driver quite right yet. With new video cards there are so many variations in the BIOS & MOBOs that you often become a test guinea pig.

Last edited:

Ask a Question