Game problems with Windows 7 64bit.

Reaction score
Yes, I have bought 3 fairly new games: Divinity 2, The Godfather 2, and The Saboteur and all 3 had issues on my OS. I have updated drivers, looked for game patches, run in compatibility modes, fine tuned the game settings, uninstalled/reinstalled the games, contacted their tech support departments. Each answer I get is "The games are not compatible with Windows 7". The Saboteur game does have Windows 7 listed, why that doesn't work, I'm lost. The games do install and run BUT for some reason the characters run in circles without me touching a thing. I've cleaned my keyboard thinking something was lodged in my keys. I'm just guessing most games are only designed for the 32bit .
archictecture. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hey.

Going quickly based on the brief details you've given, I'd suggest updating your gamepad or controller driver. Visit the manufacturer's webpage to obtain the latest driver and install.

Also, I would update my video card driver.

If it's NVIDIA card, update from here - NVIDIA

If it's ATI/AMD card, from here - Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Those games should and do all work well under Windows 7 in either 32 or 64 bit.

Reaction score
Thanks TorrentG for responding. But video drivers and sound drivers are all up to date. That was one of the first things I checked. I don't use any gamepad or controller, just the mouse and keyboard. BUT, it just gave me an idea. I do have a joystick plugged in for FlightSim games. Wondering if its picking up that?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You might try unplugging the joystick and see what happens. It could be causing the issues you've mentioned.

Reaction score
Everyone! Problem solved. It sure was my joystick. I almost forgot I still had it plugged in one of my USB ports. It was sitting under my computer desk still on. Once I unplugged the joystick and rearranged some other USB connector locations, the games started to act right work. Thanks to those who led me to the right direction.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, glad you got it working! It's amazing the "rats nest" of wires that accumulate behind the computer desk, you know?

Another thread solved, another satisfied member! TaDaaa!

Ask a Question