SOLVED Frustrating: Distorted/Crackling/Popping Sound:( Any Solution???

Reaction score
Distorted/Crackling/Popping Sound un resolving. I have tried all the solutions available in the internet. Can any body please help me out in resolving this crackling sound in my PC.

System Info:

Sound Devices:
HD Audio Codec: IDT 92HD202 6-Channel High Definition Audio Codec
Driver Node Strong name:
hdaudio.inf:Microsoft.ntx86:HdAudModel:6.1.7601.17514::hdaudio\func_01
Hardware IDs:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7682&SUBSYS_10192633&REV_1036
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7682&SUBSYS_10192633

My Mother Board:
Mercury PI945GCM

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just a few clarifications needed ...

This only occurs from your speakers when you play audio?

What color jack are your speakers plugged into?

Has it ever worked properly or has it been a problem ever since you bought the board? If you have had this problem forever then it may well be a defective component on the board and needs RMA'd.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply..........Thanks for quick response.............:)

Just a few clarifications needed ...

This only occurs from your speakers when you play audio? No, it occurs in every speakers n headphone also.........

What color jack are your speakers plugged into? Green Color jack backside of the CPU

Has it ever worked properly or has it been a problem ever since you bought the board? If you have had this problem forever then it may well be a defective component on the board and needs RMA'd. No, it was not since I bought........ Just recently due to the updates of W7 it got corrupted...............now its like complete only crackling sounds are coming:(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it worked fine before you upgraded then it is probably the wrong sound driver. Download the sound driver from the mercury website. In it there are drivers for XP and Vista, you will need to try the Vista drivers because there are no W7 drivers.

Mercury PI945GCM Drivers

Reaction score
Some electronic devises at very rare ocassions can mess up with the sound card.mobile phones,Radios,magnets,etc.
It can also occur if the jack plugged into the cpu is loose or damaged.
The sound driver is pretty old (2010)Try mannualy downloading the driver for the sound card and install it.(Windows update might not work updating drivers).Try using the speakers with other computers.If the problem presists, try changing the speakers.

Reaction score
Thanks all.............

I reinstalled Windows7 Ultimate and updated the windows................

later I installed latest IDT sigmatel Audio driver from Mercury site.........which was suggested for vista

still crackling sound continues...........

I just did that I removed system tray agent from system32 folder..........

Now every thing is fine............

just ignorable crackling sound..........

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well there are a few slots on that board. You could always buy a cheap sound card board to plug in and is designed for Windows 7.

And, of course, try your speakers from another device: ipod etc, just to make sure they weren't damaged and simply need replaced.

Reaction score
Well there are a few slots on that board. You could always buy a cheap sound card board to plug in and is designed for Windows 7.

And, of course, try your speakers from another device: ipod etc, just to make sure they weren't damaged and simply need replaced.
Can you please any good sound card for this mother board.......which supports windows7

I checked with other devices connecting to my speakers......working fine

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Something like these on eBay.in

"Windows 7" PCI Sound Card (not PCI-express)

Ask a Question